• 4 Star Graded (Tourism Grading Council of South Africa) • AA Quality Assured - Rated as "Highly Recommended" • Member of NAA (National Accommodation Association of South Africa) • Tripadvisor - Bravo Award • Green Tourism Accreditation - Champion Level.
• Health spa (5 km) • Theatre (5 km) • Cinemas (5 km) • Gym / fitness centre (6 km) • Galleries / museums (10 km) • Fishing (10 km) • Children's entertainment (10 km) • Bars / entertainment (10 km) • Surfing (10 km) • Swimming (10 km) • Beach (10 km) • Boat trips (10 km)
• Post Office (2 km) • Grocery Store (2 km) • Restaurants / Eateries (2 km) • Shopping Centre / Mall (2 km) • Bank and/or ATM (2 km) • Medical Centre (2 km) • Train Station (10 km) • Bus Station (10 km) • Car Hire (10 km) • Airport (30 km)
These rates are provided as a guideline only, and are subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions
Check In / Out Times
Check-in after 14:00 Check-out 10:00
Check-ins after 21:00 will incur a levy of R200 unless otherwise arranged with Management.
Bookings are only confirmed upon confirmation of 50% deposit. It is advisable that you take insurance out in the event of a last minute cancellation. A booking with Mackaya Bella Guest House constitutes a contract covered by these terms and conditions and last minute cancellations will result in the guest becoming liable for the full amount of the accommodation period unless Mackaya Bella can re-let the accommodation at such short notice. Once deposits have been received, it is then deemed that you agree with these terms and conditions.Cash deposits unfortunately incur bank fees, so a 3% levy will be added to your bill We also do accept eWallet transactions or anything similar that require us to go to ATM’s to collect cash Check in from 14:00 - 21:00. Anything later will incur a surcharge of R200. Check out is 10:00 A copy of your ID and/or Drivers Licence will be required upon arrival, to safeguard against fraudulent activity
Cancellations 4 weeks prior to arrival will not be subject to any cancellation fees, however a 10% admin fee will be deducted from the deposit paid. 3 - 4 weeks prior to arrival date, 25% penalty of deposit paid 2 - 3 weeks prior to arrival date, 50% penalty of deposit paid 1 - 2 weeks prior to arrival date, 75% penalty of deposit paid 0-1 weeks prior to arrival date, 100% penalty of deposit paid Guests leaving before their departure date will be charged 40% of the remaining accommodation not billed yet
Right of Admission Right of Admission is reserved. The comfort and contentment of our guests are our main concern.
The guest house is for the use of resident guests, and their visitors are welcome by arrangement only. Guests are expected to be considerate of the rights of others to enjoy their stay without undue intrusion or disturbance.
We are a non-smoking establishment. Smoking is permitted only in the garden and on the decks. Children Children are welcome by prior arrangement and on our terms.
Children over 13 pay full price, below that age rates are pro-rata depending on their age, and under two toddlers are free. Please note that the swimming pool is not protected.
Loss or Injury
Every effort will be made to ensure your comfort and safety, and the safety of your possessions, while at Mackaya Bella Guest House. However, the owners, managers, employees, agents, contractors and suppliers of Mackaya Bella Guest House cannot be held liable for any loss, injury, damage or other under any circumstances to either person or property.
Methods of Payment Accepted
• Cash • Direct Deposits • Bank / Internet Transfers • Visa • MasterCard • Amex • Diners Club
- Take N2 to Durban. At four-level interchange with the N3, take lane into Durban / Berea.
- Take the third exit Exit 3 / Berea Road / M13 Tollgate, up a hill crested by 'Tollgate Bridge' over the motorway. Go through the traffic light intersection with Ridge Road (next to the bridge) down King Dinuzulu (Berea) Road North.
- Here is a one-way road system. Cross the intersection with Stephen Dlamini (Essenwood) Road (traffic lights), then turn right at the next intersection, Musgrave Road (traffic lights). Cross the bridge over the freeway and immediately turn right again at the traffic lights, up King Dinuzulu (Berea) Road South.
- At the next intersection (traffic lights) turn left into Lena Ahrens (Manning) Road. Pass straight through four intersections with traffic lights (last being Alan Paton Road), then follow Lena Ahrens for approximately 1km.
- Look for Durban Girls High School on the left hand side, on corner of Penzance Road. Turn left into Penzance Road.
- Mackaya Bella Guest House is the third house on the right hand side opposite the school (turn around central island).
Latitude: S 29° 52' 25'' Longitude: E 30° 59' 05''