• 4 Star Graded (Tourism Grading Council of South Africa) • Member of FEDHASA (Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa) • Member of NAA (National Accommodation Association of South Africa) • Member of Umhlanga Tourism Association.
Rated as the Number 1 B&B in Kwa-Zulu Natal by the Durban Chamber of Commerce (2014).
Rated as the Number 1 B&B in Umhlanga Rocks by Trip Advisor.
• Braai / BBQ area(s) • Bar (fully licenced) • Dining room • Guest lounge
• Reception desk • Safety deposit box • Wake up calls
• Housekeeping • Laundry service • Childcare service
• Garden(s) • Jacuzzi • Swimming pool
• Security (fenced) • Security (guard) • Parking (garage) • Parking (off-street) • Transfers (airport) • Tour assistance
• Business facilities
• Gay friendly
Activities On-Site / Nearby
• Swimming (On-site) • Bird watching (On-site) • Wind surfing (<1 km) • Beach (<1 km) • Waterskiing (<1 km) • Whale watching (<1 km) • Sailing (<1 km) • Surfing (<1 km) • Bars / entertainment (1 km) • Kayaking / canoeing (1 km) • Diving / snorkeling (1 km) • Boat trips (1 km) • Cycling / mountain bike trails (1 km) • Children's entertainment (1 km) • Fishing (1 km) • Health spa (2 km) • Cinemas (2 km) • Natal Sharks Board (2 km) • Theatre (2 km) • Galleries / museums (2 km) • Tennis court(s) (2 km) • Gym / fitness centre (2 km) • Horse riding (5 km) • Cultural experiences (5 km) • 4x4 trails (5 km) • Quad biking (5 km) • Casino (5 km) • Golf course(s) (5 km) • Ushaka Marine World (15 km) • Shark diving (15 km)
• Laundromat (1 km) • Grocery Store (1 km) • Restaurants / Eateries (1 km) • Shopping Centre / Mall (1 km) • Internet Cafe (1 km) • Post Office (1 km) • Bank and/or ATM (1 km) • Car Hire (1 km) • Medical Centre (2 km) • Airport (14 km) • Train Station (17 km)
Low Season - Single: R775 per night Low Season - Sharing: R595 per person per night High Season - Sharing: R1590 per night - no single rate
Low Season - Single: R800 per night Low Season - Sharing: R650 per person per night High Season - Sharing: R1800 per night - no single rate
Luxury Self Catering Apartment (sleeps 4)
This apartment comfortably sleeps four people. Various facilities are available in the apartment including air-conditioning, ceiling fans, satellite TV, Free Wi-Fi internet facilities. There is a well appointed and fully equipped kitchen.
Low Season: R1450 per night Mid Season: R1585 per night High Season: R2250 per night
These rates are provided as a guideline only, and are subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions
If a confirmed booking is cancelled the monies received will only be refunded once the Bed and Breakfast room has been re-let.
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES
Check in is after 14:00 hours and before 19h00 on the day of arrival. Check-ins after 21h00 will incur a surcharge of R300.00. Check out is before 10:00 hours on the day of departure
Quality linen, bath and swimming towels are provided. The maximum occupancy two persons per Bed and Breakfast Room (2 persons) must not be exceeded under any circumstances.Failure to adhere to this will result in the extra people having to move out with immediate effect, or the booking will be cancelled and no refund given. Manaar House is serviced daily. There are designated smoking areas.
• To avoid any misunderstanding, a booking constitutes a binding contract. All guests confirming a booking are advised to take out insurance to cover the full cost of their accommodation in the event of a cancellation. We will seek compensation for any cancelled accommodation that cannot be re-let, including premature curtailment.
• Accommodation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received by the due date.
• Deposits are not refundable in the event of a cancellation or 'non arrival'.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
The Terms and Conditions of this booking are deemed as being accepted on receipt of the deposit / credit card details.
Methods of Payment Accepted
• Cash • Direct Deposits • Bank / Internet Transfers • Visa • MasterCard • Amex • Diners Club
Take the M41 off ramp (Exit 182) (Umhlanga / Mount Edgecombe / Phoenix North) Turn right (over the freeway) and continue for about 1 km, passing Gateway Shopping Centre on your left. Take the M12 (Umhlanga Rocks Drive) off ramp and continue north passing McDonalds & Umhlanga Hospital on your left. At the next traffic circle, take Herwood Drive. Continue past the Sharks Board for about 2 km. Turn right into Campbell Drive & continue down the road until you see Atholton Primary School on your right. Turn right into Kingston Drive and then take the first turn left into Manaar Road - Number 16 Manaar Road
Heading south on the N2 from King Shaka International Airport:
Take the M41 off ramp (Exit 182) (Umhlanga / Mount Edgecombe / Phoenix North) At the traffic lights turn left onto the M41 and continue for about 1 km, passing Gateway Shopping Centre on your left. After passing under the Millenium Bridge take the M12 (Umhlanga Rocks Drive) off-ramp and continue north passing McDonalds & Umhlanga Hospital on your left. At the next traffic circle, take Herwood Drive. You will see the Sharks Board on your left. Continue for about 2 km. Turn right into Campbell Drive & continue down the road until you see Atholton Primary School on your right. Turn right into Kingston Drive and then take the first turn left into Manaar Road - Number 16 Manaar Road
Heading north on the M4:
Continue north bound passing the Umhlanga off-ramp. About 50 meters further on, take the Portland Drive turn off. Keep left and the road dog legs and becomes Campbell Drive. Go up Campbell Drive and take the first turn left into Kingston Drive. Take the first turn left into Manaar Road - Number 16 Manaar Road.