• 3 Star Graded (Tourism Grading Council of South Africa) • AA Quality Assured - Rated as "Recommended" • Golf Leaf Accreditation - highest level of the Wilderness Foundations Green Leaf Standard.
Imvelo Award for sustainable energy and responsible tourism.
Fair Trade Accreditation for the upliftment of the local community.
Hidden Treasure Accreditation.
Welcome Awards for excellent customer service.
• Bar (fully licenced) • Restaurant • Dining room • Guest lounge
• Reception desk • Safety deposit box
• Housekeeping • Laundry service • Childcare service
• Garden(s) • Swimming pool • TV / games room
• Parking (off-street) • Transfers (airport) • Tour assistance
• Business facilities • Conference facilities • Wedding facilities
• Family friendly • Gay friendly
Activities On-Site / Nearby
• Children's entertainment (On-site) • Scenic Sun Downer Drives up the Soutpansberg Mountains (On-site) • Sleeping in the Hammock Camp and Stargazing Experience (On-site) • Swimming (On-site) • Hiking trails (On-site) • Bird watching (On-site) • Cultural experiences (8 km) • Bars / entertainment (20 km) • Golf course(s) (20 km) • Guided Day Tours departing from the lodge (30 km) • Health spa (30 km) • Cycling / mountain bike trails (30 km) • Game viewing (30 km)
• Grocery Store (20 km) • Restaurants / Eateries (20 km) • Post Office (20 km) • Bank and/or ATM (20 km) • Car Hire (20 km) • Medical Centre (20 km) • Bus Station (20 km)
Sharing Adult: R687 per night Single Adult: R808 per night Child 2 - 12 years get 50% discount Teenagers 13 - 16 years get 30% discount
Bed and Breakfast
Sharing Adult: R778 per night Single Adult: R915 per night Child 2 - 12 years get 50% discount Teenagers 13 - 16 years get 30% discount
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Sharing Adult: R946 per night Single Adult: R1113 per night Child 2 - 12 years get 50% discount Teenagers 13 - 16 years get 30% discount
Full Board with one Activity (Drive or Walk per day)
Sharing Adult: R1274 per night Single Adult: R1498 per night Child 2 - 12 years get 50% discount Teenagers 13 - 16 years get 30% discount
Stand cost per night: R96 pp Sharing adult pppn: R54.00 Child 2 - 12 years get 50% discount Teenagers 13 - 16 years get 30% discount
Lokovhela Mountain Cottages (Self Catering)
Sharing Adult: R354 per night Single Adult: R416 per night Child 2 - 12 years get 50% discount Teenagers 13 - 16 years get 30% discount
These rates are provided as a guideline only, and are subject to change without notice.
Terms and Conditions
50% deposit is required to secure the booking. The balance is payable 2days prior to arrival.
- All rates are guaranteed for the dates / periods confirmed. - All rates are inclusive of VAT at 14%, but exclude all other levies. - All rates include a tea and coffee station. - All rates are quoted in South African Rand and foreign currency payments are accepted at the daily bank rate of exchange valid in South Africa on the date that the payment is received. - Double or twin beds are available. Please do state your preference at time of booking. - Dinner reservations are essential when making your room reservation. - Extra Meals, Drinks & gratuity need to be settled directly at the lodge on check-out. - Final rooming lists for all group reservations are required not less than 7 day prior to arrival.
Methods of Payment Accepted
• Cash • Direct Deposits • Bank / Internet Transfers • Visa • MasterCard
Location On the N1 (Gate Entrance), Soutpansberg Mountains, Morning Sun Nature Reserve, Nearby Makhado (Louis Trichardt), Limpopo
Drive North on the N1 (Toll road) towards Polokwane (formerly Pietersburg. Just before Polokwane (about 10km) lookout for the road sign indicating N1 Louis Trichardt (as the sign boards keep changing here also look out for Mussina, Makhado, Tzaneen and Giyani) and take the off-ramp. As you progress around Polokwane, keep following the signs to Louis Trichardt, Makhado or Musina. Passing Polokwane you will be on the N1 to Louis Trichardt and a sign board indicates Louis Trichardt 102km. Passing the Polokwane Airport follow directions from there.
From Polokwane Airport:
Turn left on the N1 towards Louis Trichardt/ Makhado for 102km (1.5 hours drive). In Makhado / Louis Trichardt drive straight, passing two 4Way stops. Continue north passing a traffic circle. Set your odometer to 0 to measure 16km. Pass Ingwe Ranch (from here you have 2km to go). Pass the 120kmh speed sign and indicate to turn left. At Mashovhela Lodge (Morning Sun Nature Reserve) sign board turn left and enter our gate. Follow the sand road and signs for 4km until you end up at the lodge.
From Musina (Messina):
Take the N1 south in the direction of Louis Trichardt. You will pass through a toll gate and travel through the Hedrick Verwoerd tunnels. Once through the tunnels, our gate is situated approximately 3 - 4km on the right hand side. If you start winding up the Soutpansberg mountains you have gone too far. From our gate, the road is very well marked, so just follow the sign boards to the lodge. The distance is approximately 4km. If you are having difficulties in finding us please contact the lodge directly.